New Material for CASp 101: Certification & Practice Class
Now is a great time to enroll in an upcoming CASp 101: Certification and Practice class to learn about recent program changes! The course content was recently updated to reflect changes resulting from recent amendments to the Certified Access Specialist (CASp) program regulations and recently chaptered legislation, Senate Bill (SB) 269 (Chapter 13, Statutes of 2016). If you completed CASp 101 previously, the class may be repeated for additional continuing education credit.
The learning objectives for the class are as follows:
- Summarize the history of disability access laws in the US and California.
- Understand legislation affecting CASp services:
- SB 262 (Chapter 872, Statutes of 2003)
- SB 1608 (Chapter 549, Statutes of 2008)
- SB 1186 (Chapter 383, Statutes of 2012)
- SB 269 (Chapter 13, Statutes of 2016)
- Understand what is required in providing CRASCA inspection reports.
- Understand “applicable standards” and state and federal standards for accessibility.
- Understand Practice Standards for both the independent CASp and the CASp employed or retained by an AHJ.
- Understand the amended CASp Program Regulations.
- Understand how to use the CBC and approach CASp examination content.
Detailed information, including available continuing education units, is available on the CASp 101 class description webpage.
Remaining 2016 course offerings include:
- Sacramento: Friday, August 5, 2016; 9:00 am – 4:00 p.m.
- Riverside: Friday, August 12, 2016; 9:00 am – 4:00 p.m.
- San Diego: Thursday, November 3, 2016; 9:00 am – 4:00 p.m.
- Palo Alto: Wednesday, November 9, 2016; 9:00 am – 4:00 p.m.
Space is limited, so we strongly recommend that you use our online registration system, which allows you to pay for your class fee with a credit card. Registrations sent via regular mail will be processed in the order received by our office. To register, please follow these instructions:
- If you have not yet done so, please create a DSA Academy profile. Once logged on, you may register using our online registration system:https://www.dsaacademy.dgs.ca.
- If you prefer to submit a check for the class fee, please create a DSA Academy account profile by following the link above. Once your account is established, please submit a check with the registration form:http://www.dsaacademy.dgs.ca.
Online registration closes two weeks prior to the class date or when the class reaches the maximum capacity seating, whichever occurs first. Once online registration is closed, please contact us for class availability.